Sunday, December 7, 2008

Middle of the Dance Floor!


So you know the dreaded part of going to a wedding is when they say "can I please have all the single ladies to the middle of the dance floor please". Grudgingly I usually go but all too often you have those ladies that are more then happy to get out there. Not only are they happy but ready to kill in the sake that if by chance they catch the bouquet they will surely be next in line to wed. Who even came up with this tradition? I myself have been part of many bouquet tosses but I have never actually got one and I will admit that secretly I always kinda hoped that with out any effort i would some how catch the bouquet.But usually when it came to the toss I would just be in the back acting as if though I really did not care about catching it. Well the past wedding I went to they continued the tradition and I dont know if there was something in the punch or if I was just filling incredibly desperate that night but I transformed into one of the "happy ready to kill" women. The bouquet would be mine! After all, the competition was the grooms 10 year old sister and some old bettys. SO there I was standing in the middle of the floor when came the toss,but wait I missed it due to the fact that the lamp shade has better luck then me and was able to catch it. Second time around I jumped in the air with out any hesitation.YES!! Oh YES! Sweet Victory! The coveted bouquet was mine! In my head I thought every one would laugh and cheer but for some reason I remember walking away and thinking the crowd was just a little to quiet when I caught it. Little did I know I just happened to get more air then Jordan! After a few weeks the picture from the wedding were posted online and while looking through them I came across the most horrific site. Me jumping in the air toes pointed legs flexed with 3 feet below me! Theres no need to say anymore I will just let the picture do the talking but just one little piece of advice to other single gals unless you want a pic of you jumping desperately for flowers that you think hold the key to your fairy tale floating around on the internet just stay that girl in the back corner who secretly wishes to catch the bouquet!

No comments: