Friday, November 28, 2008

Single Sista!





So I am bored tonight and decided maybe I would follow my moms advice and start a blog. I have so many thoughts and since I dont like writting them in a journal I will put them on here for everyone to see. I guess I will have my first blog be about me and who I am. First and for most I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I have a testimony of our dear Savior and his Atonement. Through my faith in Jesus Christ it has gotten me through many of lifes challenges and thats what I plan on sharing in this blog is my experience as a young single mormong girl. I am 24, mormon and yes, I am still very single. I was onced asked at the age of 21 how I felt about being single and still having no possibilities of marriage anytime soon. I felt good about it up till the girl (yes I do say girl not woman who went on to marry at the age of 19) mentioned that maybe i should feel some other emotion. I have gone through my many trials of being single.Why cant I just find one guy who wants me? How come I have never had a boyfriend? Whats wrong with me? Many of these questions I am sure young girls across the world have asked themselves. I have had my battles of being single and longing for the companionship I see my friends have or the pictures of engaged couples and wonder why its so easy for them. I have had my nights crying in my mothers arms of how lonely I am and why the hell susie, who is only 18, found the love of her life with the man that should have rightfully been mine. I pleaded with the savior for years almost every night begging him to so send me someone because thats when I new my life would begin. Well ladies, I had it ALL wrong!!! I kept wishing my life away. I cant tell you exactly when it hit me or I that I had this earth shattering spiritual experience that the Savior just suddenly cured my broken lonely heart. My happiness came slowly. If I had to pick a time when it first started I would say that it was when we moved to Baton Rouge and I started working at a salon and spa. I LOVE my job and for the first time I realized what it was like to have somewhat of a career and feel important at a job. I also started to realize that Prince Charming was not coming along anytime soon so I had to create my own life. My thoughts use to be "oh when my prine comes along I will quit school and creat a happy home for the both of us." Now my thought is well I want to get an education so I can have an exciting career and have so many experiences as hard working woman. It took time but I realized that one day when I am married with many children that I would miss being sinlge. I love the fact that the only obligation I have is to myself. I can pick up at a moments notice and go seen my very best friend hours away. I love the fact that the first thing on my mind when I get home from my hard day is ME!! I can do whatever I want to do!! I have no need to worry about others and I cant tell you how fun it is to be so incredibly selfish. I dont want to be one of these girls where my life revolves around a man and what excites him. No! I want to have my own exciting life and join with someone who also has an exciting life. When you lead your own life and have your own experiences and stories you can bring so much fun to a marriage. Men want women who are interesting and living life is what makes you interesting. I can promise you that a man will never get bored with me. I am single, I love it, and I am have the very most fun in life! In my future blogs I will post more about the exciting adventures I have had as a single sassy gal!

2 comments:

Colleen said...

ASHELY! check mine out! colleenfrazier.blogspot.com

Amanda said...

I totally love your blog. I think what you say is so true. You have eternity to worry about your husband. I truly think that you are enjoying your life. I wanted to tell you...I am so proud of you!!! You have become such a great person and woman. You are acomplishing all your goals. Way to go! You have done more than you ever thought possible